Friday, December 30, 2011

Month 8

Sometimes I catch P staring at my belly and laughing. Neither of us can believe how big it's getting. Easy mobility is really getting to be a thing of the past at this point. We're at 32 weeks and counting. I can't believe how quickly it's all flown by. It's been months of crazy anxiety and weird pains and waiting and wondering what life's going to be like with a little man child around. But we've had some really, really good moments. And these are my two favorites:

- the night we were laying in bed and P wrapped his arms around my belly and asked me if it was okay if he held the baby.

- how kiddo seems to take Wednesdays off and I get so worried that something is wrong because I don't feel him for a while. Then one Thursday morning, I was up at 5:30 a.m. because I couldn't sleep and P was already leaving for work, as usual. When I told him I loved him and hoped he'd have a good day, kiddo did a major back flip in my tummy at the exact same time. And it made me excited about our new little family.

It's just a few weeks til the baby shower, and then we'll be ready for kiddo to make his debut into the world and become a part of our family. It can't get here quickly enough!

0 comments: