Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

So here I am. Sitting in my new space. My new office. It's nice. :) It has a particularly cheery and relaxing feeling to it. Too bad I'm not feeling the same today. Mom called this morning. She was on her way to Mimi's. Hospice was there to pick Mimi up and take her away. To the place she will die. She's going to a town just down the road a few miles from where she lives-- the same town where she was born. Mom said she was drifting in and out of sleep and in her waking moments she was asking for her mother and sister, both of whom I never knew. Hospice will take her off all of the medications she's on. She'll get nothing but morphine to dull her pain as she makes her exit.

I'm drained. I feel like I could close my eyes and sleep for hours. But when I lay down, my mind won't stop. Sleep doesn't come. I'm going to miss her.

0 comments: