Friday, October 17, 2008

This time last year...

I was packing my bags and heading to the west coast to make the BIGGEST commitment of my life. :) It would be the last night I spent with my fiance before he officially became my husband. I'm pretty sure we did it. :)

And then after much partying on the Sunset Strip, after puking at the courthouse where we picked up our marriage license the next day, and after my beautiful best friend helped me recover and get ready at one of the most beautiful hotels in the world, I said my vows to Poncho (more like sobbed my vows to Poncho, actually) on Saturday, October 20th.

Against the back drop of the Pacific Ocean, some huge palm trees, the setting sun, and with my dad officiating, I said these words:

Poncho, Thank you for showing me what it feels like to be unconditionally loved. Your quiet strength and your constant support allow me to grow and learn and be the best possible person I can be. Thank you for encouraging me to follow my dreams and being the safe place I can always come back to. You have a hundred qualities that make me want to be near to you forever, but your loyalty and compassion are two I love the most. You are the definition of a best friend. You are dependable, always available, and you love with all of your heart, even when it's not easy. You see the best in people and are quick to volunteer to meet a need when one is presented to you. I am so thankful to have found someone who feels and loves so deeply. Because I believe in everything you are and everything you hope to be, I promise to support you and encourage you and to be the best partner I can be for you for the rest of our lives.

And one year later, I still mean every word and have loved every single minute we've spent together. Yay anniversary! :)

0 comments: