Sunday, October 12, 2008

City girls like me...

city girls like me are a rarity around here. It's stares and whispers most of the night. After last call I argued marketing strategies for the hometown bar with some country boy twenty something. He said, Youre not from around here huh. Umm, no. And uh, I actually graduated from college... Twice. And he said, so you're not stupid . Umm, no. Anyway. Then the dude in the green shirt that my sister in law was scoping out all night wouldn't leave me alone. OMG. Where did you get your scarf?? Who did your hair?? Then he leaned in. If I wasn't 99% sure he was gay, I would have thought he was trying to kiss me. (P got a lil pissed about that.). Anyway. City girls are a rarity in these parts. You can tell by the look in their eyes, they don't know quite what to make of you...

0 comments: