Thursday, August 2, 2012

Love

My son is rolling around in his pack n play, playing with the shadows the sunlight is making in his little play space. You should hear the sounds he's making. Most days, he spends hours playing by himself with me in the other room listening to all the little giggles and squeals he makes at almost six months old. Every little squeak melts my heart.

I always knew I wanted to have kids. It was just always something I thought I'd do. But I was never one of those people whose life goal was to be a mom or who just couldn't WAIT to have a baby. I definitely took my time. Everybody always says there's never a right time to have a baby, but there was a better time for me to have a baby. And it was after I got settled in a career, was in a healthy relationship, and was financially stable and able to plan money-wise for adding a person to the family. That time came and so did Cash. And I had NO IDEA how much I would love being his mom. Knowing that unless something massively unplanned and unforseen happens, he's going to be my only one just increases my  love of being his mom. Every single day he does something new, and it makes me cry happy tears every time. Who knew having this tiny little human in my life would be so incredible?

0 comments: