Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thirty-Two

So I spent a few minutes this morning reading back over old blog posts from my birthday- 2004, 2005. Turning 24 and 25. Ah, young and carefree those days were.

Then we grow up. And get married. And HAVE BABIES. OMG. I'M HAVING A BABY. I'm not gonna lie, my belly shocked me a little when I looked in the mirror this morning. And I let out a, "WHOA, TINA!" at how big it's getting.

(We call the baby Tina right now. As in EAT THE FOOD, TINA.)

And it's my birthday. Thirty-one was a pretty good year. It went by super quickly. That's what they say, the older you get, the faster each year goes by. And I have no point of reference for how quickly thirty-two will fly by with this baby on the way. But it's all forward progress. Onward and upward every year so far. It just keeps getting better and I'm SO thankful for that.

I think this year, I've learned I have certain strengths I didn't realize I had. And I've learned to let things be. We can't always change things we don't like. We have to accept and adapt. And I've also learned the value of being patient and waiting. So it's been another productive year of learning and growing up. And I'm really excited to see what thirty-two holds. :)

1 comments:

Mary Morrow said...

Happy Birthday girlie! Sorry I missed it.
Are you still updating the baby's blog? I forgot to save it on my bookmarks...