Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodbye 2010

It's no secret, I'm quite ready to be writing 2011 on all my papers.  2010 has been a trying year.  While I've had years that were harder, 2010 was definitely the most trying year in my five years with P.  Things seemed to be coming at us from all sides- and once one things let up, something else would hit.  Sometimes it felt like we were down for the count.  But during these last few weeks of the year, things seem calm. (I'm whispering this in my head so the dark forces can't hear it...)  And I'm much anticipating the beginning of 2011, and I'm excited to see what it brings. 

It feels like new possibilities are around the corner in several different areas.  And my big hope for 2011 is that it sees us having the courage to create and be creative.  And take risks and reap the rewards.  And push through trials and be triumphant.  I want to keep exploring and keep learning.  And learn to be less afraid. 

And so as I let go of the painful and embrace the unknown, I promise to continue to be open and to not give up in the face of difficulty, but to see the possibilities and embrace the new.

Bring on 2011.

0 comments: