Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is Busting Out All Over!

18 days until it's officially spring. I'm ready!!

I love winter, but really I only need about two weeks of it and a little bit of snow, then I'm ready for the whole shebang to be done and over with. The sun is shining and I'm ready to plant some flowers and see my rosebush back in action again! And I'm ready for the forest and the golf course behind our house to get green again. We have so many naked trees during the winter. And on cold mornings where fog rolls across the golf course, it always reminds me of that creepy Nicole Kidman movie, "The Others." You know. The one where she and her kids are dead the entire movie but she doesn't know it until the very end? My back yard reminds me of that. So I'm ready for spring. Ready for it to remind me of the awesome 80's version of "The Secret Garden." Although, that movie starts out creepy too. Mary's parents have a great dinner party, but unfortunately they and all their guests are suddenly wiped out (at the dinner table, no less) by an explosive and instant outbreak of Cholera. Makes no sense to me as an adult, but as a child it was quite concerning. Anyway, the garden was pretty. That was my point.

Spring has sprung and I'm happy about it.

Things are ridiculously busy at Chateau Cochran. P's band is in full tilt boogie mode, and they have just finished recording and producing their debut CD. It'll be available shortly. In the meantime, we are in the process of completely gutting our master bath on the 2nd floor. And when I say gutting, I mean it. I can actually see through to the top of the living room ceiling. I'm completely convinced it's going to be wonderful, but in the interim, it's a total mess. I'm also neck deep in planning something pretty cool this summer at my dad's guitar store, Oklahoma Vintage Guitar. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time in Oke City this summer. I'll definitely have more details on that soon.

And of course, there's school. Out of eighteen kids who failed my class this term, thirteen of them have more than ten absences in my class. So I'm hot on their trails, trying to get a hold of moms and dads, putting out the APB's and whatnot. Life is good. It's busy. But it's good.

2 comments:

priscilla said...

18 days! i can't even wait! i'm with you - totally excited for spring. this post made me smile to daydream about beautiful weather.

Mary Morrow said...

u. rock.
"good busy" is a good thing.
:)