Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Room of One's Own

We really have a very diverse household. It's just the two of us, P & me, but we like totally different things when it comes to decorating our own spaces. We do pretty good on the common ground, but when it comes to the rooms where we each do our own things, you can definitely tell which is his and which is mine.

His studio is dark gray with heavy dark curtains-- he's currently looking for art go on the walls, sugar skulls and the like. His furniture will be leather with very clean lines. It's the perfect room for a rockstar like himself. :)

On the other hand, I'm just getting around to having ideas for my loft office-- which will serve as my writing/blogging/creative space. I have a tendency to lean toward the dark, heavy subjects sometimes in my writing, so I like the space around me to be just the opposite-- you know, to keep me from hurling myself over the banister onto the hard, living room floor below. Plus, I like spaces that just make me feel good. Spaces that say, sit here. Stay a while. Get something fabulous done.

So I want this:


And this:


And this:


Now, to work on the budget so I can get it all... :)

1 comments:

Mary Morrow said...

i bet you'll have your office complete before mine's complete - and i've lived here a year. ha!

can't wait to see the finished product!