Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Day of Rest

Took a much needed sick day today. I hadn't planned on it at all. But I woke up at 6 a.m. with my eyeballs pounding inside my very foggy head. Sometimes this happens the day before it rains, you know, allergies and all. But it's been raining for about a month and I haven't had too many problems lately. I'm attributing it to being face down in the yucky carpet at our new house while we were painting P's new studio last night. There are only 2 rooms in the whole house that have carpet and they're the two spare bedrooms upstairs. And apparently the previous owners had a dog or two or seven who LOVED those rooms. So yeah. Yuck.

New carpet has been ordered and is coming pronto.

So I decided I needed a break today. I called in for a sub, took a sudafed AND a zyrtec, and went back to sleep for a couple of glorious hours. The good thing is I got a chance to catch up on all the episodes of Greys, Private Practice, SYTYCD, and Glee that this new house business has made me miss. And the laundry's nearly done. It's a good day. And dad comes tomorrow!

Yippee!

0 comments: