Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meem the Dream

So we've shopped around and found a good lender for our first home buying experience. Everything's in place. (Think Kristen Wiig as Target Lady on SNL-- APPROOOVED!)

Even our realtor said, Wow, you guys have a lot more money to put down on a house than most first time home buyers do. You're very fortunate.

Yes, yes we are.

I miss Mimi A LOT. Sometimes I still cry at night when I'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep. Sometimes I still catch myself thinking, It's Sunday, I really need to call Mimi. But there's nobody on the other end of the phone line anymore. I really want to talk this whole healthcare thing over with her. But I know what she'd say. We shoulda elected Hilary.

When I found out that she had left money for me in her will, I honestly thought about setting it up in some bank account that would pay me the same amount she always gave me on Christmas and my birthday every year. So I'd be set on birthday money pretty much for the rest of my life. :) But instead, I've decided to invest it into a home. And I'm going to do the best I can to make sure it's a good investment and to make her proud.

I'm grateful for what I have. And for what I had when she was around. She was the best.

0 comments: