Friday, January 16, 2009

You're Gonna Leave Me


So we spent some time recording tonight...

Poncho had the novel idea a long time ago to record a soundtrack to the memoir in progress. It's really more like I wrote a couple of songs and he goes, man, these would work really well with your book. We should make a soundtrack. Like Heroine Diaries.

One problem-- I'm not near the songwriter Nikki Sixx is. But the effort's there I guess. So that's what counts, right? (Not really. I know that. If it sucks, it sucks.)

Anyway, actually, we've got about 6 or 7 songs now, and some of them I listen to and think they're half way decent. So it just might work. The one I wrote tonight is called Youre Gonna Leave Me. It's about the ummmm... 5 or so year non-commital phase I went through. I purposefully picked dudes who couldn't stay with me. It was all part of the plan. No strings attached. So it's not like a desperate Oh no! You're gonna leave me! It's more like a command. You ARE going to leave me.

How's that for psychosis? :)

And I guess you'll have to read the book to understand how God and Jesus and mommy and daddy and private school and the tooth fairy helped me get to that point :)

0 comments: