Monday, January 5, 2009

The things I want.

It's 2009. It's a new year. I'm thinking a lot about the things I want lately.

I want to lose weight.
I want to start a family.
I want to pay off some debt. Again.
I want to move some place unexpected and fun.
And stop doing all the things I'm "supposed" to do, just because I'm supposed to do them.
I want to figure out how to finish my book.
I want to do it without incriminating anyone or ruining lives. (some things are just better left unsaid.)
I want to quit perpetually sitting in staff meetings and thinking, there's a MUCH better way to get this done.
I want to quit saying things without thinking-- especially to my husband.
I want to be less of a contradiction, but I've resigned myself to that impossibility.
I want to see what's out there. Just because I can.
I want the nerve to get a completely bad ass tattoo-- a shield on my left arm/shoulder.
I want to make more friends.
I want to read more. I need some good books.
And I want to learn how to relax inside my head. This one's gonna take some work.

And that is all for now. It is what it is. Wanting is easy to do. It's the doing that's the hard part.

0 comments: