Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beach Week!

I should be packing, but I'm not. I'm blogging. That's the way summer vacation goes. We leave at 6 a.m. tomorrow for the beach in... MEXICO. Cue the ominous music! Kidnappings, and shootings, and severed heads! Oh MY!

We're not driving across the border, nor are we going anywhere NEAR northern Mexico or deep inland Mexico where most of the drug violence is. (Although, I gotta say, I had several friends who drove across the border and three hours deep into Mexico TWICE last weekend and lived to tell the tale.) And I figure as long as we avoid hanging with any shady characters at our multi-million dollar gated resort, we'll be fine. So you can all rest your pretty heads and not worry about us. But just in case, both our funeral wishes are in our emails. So alert the families. :) That's probably just a good idea to take care of any time you're traveling out of the country anyway.

In a couple of hours I'm getting my pre-beach pedi and then I'll come home and pack and prepare for the arrival of my BFF and her hubs who will be here later tonight! It's gonna be a great week. Lots of R & R. Will update either while we're there or when we get back!

0 comments: