Monday, April 18, 2011

Old Lady Moment

So these little love birds have been sitting on my fence for an hour tonight.

I've noticed several birds doing lots of sitting around today. You don't normally see that outside. With birds, they normally flit down and twitch around like over-caffeinated crackheads, then they're off after two seconds. I think P displaced them when he trimmed some branches off one of our trees last night.

Today when I got home from school, there was a little guy pretty much laying down on an outdoor pillow the wind had blown underneath one of our patio chairs. I'd never seen a bird look so comfortable. He looked at me and we had a moment.

He didn't have to say anything. I knew that pillow was way better than that scratchy old tree.

So you're welcome, bird.

0 comments: