Friday, June 4, 2010

á La Wow!

So I got to have dinner with a long lost friend from high school last night. I hadn't seen her in about twelve years, but she was in town for business, and we hooked up for dinner.

Have I mentioned how AWESOME it is that I have friends who are creative/business geniuses in their own right? Given the sometimes creatively stifling environment many of us grew up in and where our roles were pretty clearly defined for us (especially as girls), it astounds me that a few of us have found our way out of that mold and gone on to produce some really great things in this world. It strikes me how some of us have set out on our own, figured out what it is we're good at, and fully devoted ourselves to being the best we can at it. I'm not quite sure I include myself in this group just yet, but I'm hopeful I'll get there!

And you know what else amazes me? All of these women are mothers. Somewhere in all the hustle and bustle of the travel and the consulting and the creating and building and the re-structuring and manufacturing and the marketing and networking...they find time to be wives and moms too. It boggles the mind.

So here's your goody for the day. Check out á La Modish, my friend Andrea's children's clothing company. She repurposes vintage fabrics into super cute kiddos clothing. And due to a fabulous meeting she had at Market yesterday in Dallas, her line will be available in stores very soon! You can also check out á La Modish's facebook page here. Go be a fan!

2 comments:

Mary Morrow said...

super cute stuff! is this the andrea that joe morrow dated for quite awhile? i'm super happy for her!

Ashly said...

Ah, yes. That's Andrea! :)