Monday, May 17, 2010

Ah, this is the life.

So P walked down the hill from our patio tonight to chip around on the 13th hole. The course is so peaceful at dusk. Especially after rain. I sort of can't believe I get to live here.



I watched him putt around for a few minutes, then turned to walk back up to the house. We have the most awesomely huge Pecan trees that form a huge tundra over our entire yard at the bottom of the hill. When you stand under them, it sorta feels like you're in a movie-- like some classic romance that never goes out of style. And in the spring, the fireflies swarm around my feet as I walk back up to the house and I feel like I'm the girl in Midsummer's Eve.

And I see the lights shining out from my pretty kitchen that my hubs worked so hard on when we first moved in, and I think buying this house is probably one of the best things I've ever done. Thanks Mimi. And thanks for the fireflies. This always was your time of year.

:)