Thursday, March 26, 2009

And on a positive note...

In the very same class I just wrote about... One of my kids asked today, "Miss, are those your real eyes?"

Umm, what?

"Are those your real eyes?" (It finally registered that he was asking me if I wore color contacts... under my glasses, I guess...)

Umm, yeah. The same ones I was born with, and the ones I can't see out of without my glasses!

Then he and the girl he was talking to both looked at each other and said, "Wow."

Then the girl said, "Miss, sometimes I just sit here and stare at you. Your eyes are so awesome."

Okaaaay. Thank you!

Whenever anyone talks about my eyes, I always think about how an ex boyfriend never could quite find the right words to describe them and he'd say, "I dunno, they're just... just... weird." Wow. Thanks. (I guess I knew what he meant.)

I never know what to say in those instances with my students. I have one kid who is constantly winking at me and the other day when I passed him in the hallway he started singing, "Mrs. Cochran's a brick.... HOOOUUUSE..." Alrighty, dear. That's enough. :) They're cute.

Now if I could just get them to do their work...

0 comments: